Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Life Pondering!

This Friday is my 23rd birthday (eek) and with friends finishing graduate school and having babies I feel the time rushing by. What am I going to do with my life??

I have been pondering going in a different direction than I have been planning the past few years...elementary school librarian! I am doing a lot of research and soul-searching. The most indicative part of my passion is that my favorite moments with my kids are reading with them, seeing them delight in the stories and learning something new. Everyone on cue: awww!
Unfortunately, there are no neighborhood public libraries (!) so I cannot get some volunteer experience. I could see if the kids' school might want some help in the fall, though. Also...graduate school is very necessary. UT Austin when I return, perhaps?

So, the point of all this is to ask: what's your opinion? Is this a completely horrible idea that I am not at all suited for? Or have I finally realized what you have known all along--this is my life's calling? This feels right, more so than working in social work or in a non-profit organization. Of course, I say that now and three years later...who knows! If you have thoughts longer than yes or no, please contact me a different way than a blog comment. Thank you for your opinion!

Here are some pictures from my trip to Sevilla:

The cathedral...600 years old!

Plaza de Espana...only 100 years old. And us! 20-something year old German and American students studying Spanish.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures!!

    And...YAY!! It's almost your birthday!!!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The cathedral is very impressive. Happy Early Birthday Minda! Miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! i am looking forward to having my own camera again. yay for birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minda- go with the Librarian route and if you change your mind later, that's fine. Most folks will change their vocations a few times in life anyway. Enjoy and be safe.

    Cousin Scott

    ReplyDelete